First COVID 19 patient recovers in Ghana after a period of time when the virus entered into the country. The patient who recovered is one of the first recovery cases since March 12. The Ghana Health Service announced the recovery on their website on 26th March 2020.
Health officials say the COVID 19 patient after treatment now tested negative. Ghana issued a travel ban when the coronavirus cases rose to 6, in fact lots of Ghanaians felt a little bit uneasy after the price of sanitizers shot up by over 300% because of the coronavirus outbreak. As a result, markets in Accra are currently experiencing a shutdown in order to disinfectant against COVID 19.
The Ghana Health Service said that so far 49 people are responding to treatment, one person is in a critical condition where as 3 people have died. Meanwhile Ghana Medical Association (GMA) is calling on the government to declare a nationwide lockdown. As a matter of fact, the lockdown might affect everything except those who offer essential services.
“GMA is conscious of the threat and disturbing trend of the community spread, and the inadequate capacity of the country’s health system to deal with increased COVID 19 infections. The president of Ghana would have to declare a nationwide locknown with the exception of essential services immediately”, Ghana Medical Association president, Dr Frank Ankobea said in a statement.