Ghana’s confirmed COVID 19 cases is now triple digits with the Ghana Health Service confirming the tally at 132. According to the Health Service, as of Thursday morning, a total of 54 cases including three deaths had been recorded from regular surveillance systems. All the three cases that unfortunately succumbed to the disease were aged and had underlying chronic medical conditions, the GHS said in a statement on it’s website. “All the other cases are well, 14 are being managed at home and the rest are responding well to treatment on admission in isolation.
Ghana Health Service said on it’s portal, those people are awaiting their test results and will be discharged when the results are negative. So far the great majority of the confirmed cases are Ghanaians who returned home from affected countries. “Seven of the Nationalities namely; Norway, Labonon, China, Netherlands and United Kingdom (UK).
The number of confirmed cases among travellers who have been under mandatory quarantine are 78″, the GHS said. In respect of contact tracing, a total of 970 contacts have been identified and are being tracked. Out of these, 204 have completed the 14 day mandatory follow up, the GHS said.